A while back Katie showed me how to make flowers from ribbons. When I saw the bow maker yesterday, I thought I might as well give it a go, as my patience for doing it by hand was, shall we say, somewhat limited. Anyway, the bow maker (a simple rubbery piece of plastic in a 5 point star) is fab! It took me 3 attempts to get a decent one, but I was pretty happy with the result, and put a cute little button in the middle:
This evening, I gave my new Rob Ryan teatowel a good iron and framed it. I'm really happy with how it looks!
I also attempted to finish off the dragon. To be honest, I'm pretty disappointed with how it's turned out. It's been really hard, and I've lost my patience with it a fair few times. It's completely on the wonk, and the right leg has given me no end of bother. I decided just to leave it and stuff it anyway, which did make it look a bit better. I then sewed on the arms and wings, but I'm still not happy with them. The quality of the stitches is pretty rubbish for me, and one of the wings is wonky so I'm going to have to unpick it and sew it on again :(
I pinned on the head to see what it would look like finished. I'm really happy with his personality...but for a perfectionist like me, I'm far from happy with it. Was so hoping to get him done soon so I can start a new project! Looks like I'm going to have to do a bit more work on him yet. Certainly don't feel I can give him to my friend as a present right now!!!